Wednesday, June 3, 2015

TTM Success: Mark Payton

I haven't been the best at sending out TTMs this season. It's not that much of a time commitment, but I'm working long hours, and the last thing I want to do when I get home is write a letter to a 20-year-old due that I don't know.

A few weeks back I found a few minutes and sent out five requests to Yankees prospects.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Mark Payton return my card signed.  Payton is a solid OFer in the Yankees system. He was a 7th rounder out of University of Texas last year, and predictably hit well at the lower levels of the minors, as he was probably facing better competition in school playing for a major program. He's a contact guy without a ton of power, and was recently promoted to AA Trenton.

Thanks, Mark!

1 comment:

  1. Nice success. And the way the Yankees have been shuffling guys up and down the system has been insane.

    ReplyDelete