Saturday, July 4, 2015

Stars, Stripes, & Big Mike

Happy 4th! I'm a big fan of this holiday. The week at work leading into the 4th is always slow. People take off early. In the NYC area, everyone goes to the Jersey Shore, the Hamptons, or Cape Cod, so the city and the surrounding area is usually pretty quiet. Plus the kids are running around, eating burgers and dogs, and it makes for a great couple of days.

Keeping up with the theme of the day, here's a Panini USA Baseball Stars & Stripes Game Gear relic of Yankees 2015 first rounder James Kaprielian. A report this past week said that he and the Yanks are close to a $3mil deal. I'd love to get him signed and wrapped up. Given his workload for the season at UCLA, I'd expect him to make a couple of starts in the low minors/rookie ball, and then jump into full season ball to start next yeah. He should move quickly.

After an epic win last night, the Yanks and Rays face off today in a matinee. The weather here in NY is cloudy and fairly cool, but the chance of rain looks to be diminishing. Big Mike is on the hill for the Yanks.

I recently picked up this 2015 Topps Archives gold parallel of Pineda, and I gotta say, the card stock is a joke. I'm not usually one to care about that sort of thing, but it feels like I'm holding a promo card for a free t-shirt or something. It just feels so flimsy and cheap. Too bad. The card is #'d 05/50...palindrome!
I hope you and your families have a terrific 4th! Go Yankees!

1 comment:

  1. Great cards. I hope Kappy is assigned to SI (probably not).

    ReplyDelete